February 10, 2005

Poker at School

Today I had a few minutes to kill before my art history class so I popped down to the computer lab to play a little Paradise. The nice thing is that the internet connection at school is so swift that it only takes a minute to download the software, wheras it takes about 20 minutes on my garbage NetZero dial-up. I was playing a little too high last night ($10/$20 short handed) so I decided to take it easy, especially because I was basically just killing time. I sat down at a 10 seat $2/$4 table, but only four people were playing. I won $30 in about ten minutes and quit (gotta love internet poker).

Here's a nice hand where I flopped the nuts (and I do mean the NUTS) in a multi-way pot and the guy to my right bet into me! Woohoo!


  • I'm dealt TT under the gun, and raise to $4, three people call including the big blind.
  • The flop comes 3TT, and the dude in the bb bet into me, I called and one other player called.
  • The turn was a K, bb bet again, and again I just called but other player folded :(
  • River was an ugly Ace. Well, it could have been good if the bb had an Ace, but it turns out he didn't. He checked, I bet, he folded. Hard to just toss quad tens into the muck, I felt compelled to show 'em (I'm such a bad player).

Post Script - I played a few more hands after that class while still at Calvin and scored again, this time around $75 in 10 minutes or so at a short handed $3/$6 game. My first two hands were full houses, and I made a straight or two in there. Anyway, I seem to be on a huge rush...looking for something made of wood to knock on...