February 9, 2005

Wednesday at The Warehouse

I played down at "The Warehouse" on Burton Street tonight. It had been a couple of weeks since I'd been down there, and my previous two trips were to deal rather than play. When I showed up Pete and Dan were playing a heads up freeze-out and that was the extent of the party. I hung around for a bit and shot some darts...more players showed up in not much time at all. I guess it was a bunch of guys who know Quentin, Jesse is the only one I've played with before. Anyway, they didn't have much combined money, so the six of us played a Sit and Go for $10 each (Winner $50, 2nd $10 back). I got lucky and won some key races to win it pretty much at leisure.

The first race was early in the tourney, I raised with AhTh and four players called. Since we started with only 35 chips each and I had raised to 7 before the flop, about 1/7 of the chips on the table were in the pot. The flop came 8h5h5c, and Jesse bet into me for about 1/2 of his remaining chips. I shoved and he called with 77. The 9h on the river left him with only a couple of chips.

The last two races were at the very end. The final three were Pete, Dan, and myself in that seating order. Pete and I were about even and Dan had about 1/2 the amount we each had. I raised on the button with Js8s, Pete folded, and dan moved all in from the big blind. There was 22 chips in the pot, and the raise was 31 more. I was getting 1.7:1 on my call, and I decided that there was no way I could fold. He had A3os and the 8 on the turn sealed Dan's fate.

A few hands later Pete raised on the button with AJos and I pushed all in with pocket tens. I no Aces or Jacks came and that was that.

Then we all started playing a $2/$4 cash game with Pete also, so there was no rake (hooray!). My luck in the tournament did not slow down much, as I just kept winning and winning. By the end of the night I spiked $170 profits in the cash game, plus the $40 from the tournament brought the grand total up to $210 for the evening (this is a ridiculous amount considering the stakes we were playing).

Of course, the one time I go on a monster tear is the one time we are playing for half the stakes. Maybe the two are connected, either way, I won't complain too much :)