June 21, 2005

Oy!

Sometimes to me it seems as if I cannot win a showdown unless my opponent(s) have no outs. It's pretty rough when you have the nut straight on the turn outdrawn twice in one session, add a few flopped sets cracked not to mention AA and KK cracked a few times and that all adds up to a small win for me. If any of the people I was playing against today had similar cards/luck as me in one session they would have lost a bunch of money. Other than that speculation (read: truth) I don't have a lot to comfort me except for the knowledge that I have not had a very good month at poker and that I'm not sure about how I'm going to get $$ for school next year since poker is going so badly, or is that not comfort after all? A job at the mall ain't gonna cut it (just like it didn't cut it last summer). No matter, I know I'll survive and thrive. Oy!