February 23, 2005

$1/$2 Kill at Pete's

(AT ONE POINT AN OPINION WAS ARTICULATED HERE, BUT SOMEONE THOUGHT IT WAS NECESSARY TO ABUSE SITE ADMINISTRATION CAPABILITIES AND "HACK" THIS BLOG AND DELETE MY OPINIONS. CENSORSHIP AT ITS MOST PATHETIC)

Anyway, one of the administrators of the site, Tony, called me up about the Tuesday $1/$2 game. This was good, b/c that game has been struggling for players for about a month. He said he was bringing two other players...yada yada, never showed up. When I got there around 7:15 Canada was already there, I guess there was some miscomunication, because I was waiting for him at my apartment. The other usual suspects showed up as well. Captain Cold Call, Trace, and of course...Eddie. Ugh. Eddie bought in for $2 and I doubled him up on his first hand (I had 86 suited, what could I do?). He cashed out for $75. Whatever, he and I were the only ones to win any money, but I left with the same amount that I arrived with as a result of the $40 I tossed to Canada when he busted out (for the first time, obviously). Who knows when I'll see those $$ again, he's playing in a $50 tourney at the VFW on Friday. Needless to say I'm rooting for him.

"It's a hard way to make an easy living."

P.S. - I was suprised when my dad called me out of the blue tonight. He wanted to know the URL for this blog so he could show a friend from the family church back east. I gave it to him, simultaneously deciding that no good would come of it.