February 13, 2005

So Scabby

I just got busted out of a Sit and Go on Paradise. I had just won the previous pot and had 1,185 chips, it was about the fifth hand. I raised the 10 BB to 35 with 77 in early position. A guy a couple of seats to my left raised the minimum to 60, and another guy called, we took the flop three ways. The flop comes 4 6 7, two hearts. I check, original raiser goes all-in for like 8 times the size of the pot, the other guy flat calls him and leaves himself a little over 100 chips left. Of course I put every last one of my chips in, and he gladly calls with his 5 3! Yada yada yada, he cold called two raises with 5 high, flops a straight conveniently at the same time that I flop the highest set, and to top it off, the moron with pocket 9's decided he wanted to lose all of his chips on the hand, too. So skippy with 5 3 triples up his full stack to take a commanding chip lead - which I have a hunch will not get him into the money anyway, but that's little consolation for me.

On the bright side, I lost the last of my money at a high stakes $0.50/$1 table as I was punished with both bad beats and constant verbal assault from a player who was beating me. Soooo not classy to put a bad beat on someone and then talk trash. In the very rare case that I should come from behind to beat someone on the river in a way that constitutes a "bad beat," I usually say "sry" in appropo online vernacular. I don't try to enduce hatred and bitterness at the table, it's not good for my business. The only people who do stuff like that are extreme losers who are grasping at anything they can to distract themselves from their losing and make them feel better about themselves by attacking someone else.

I swear, if anyone ever said "Thanks for your money, Rick Swift" to me across a real table after putting a beat on me, I might just lunge across that table and start pounding their head into the rake box. Actually, I'd just mumble and get really on tilt, but if I were a violent person, the former would be hot.