January 29, 2005

Poker Games in Grand Rapids, MI

Here's the short list of the local poker games I play/have played in:
Erik's Pot Limit Dealer's Choice Game
$1/$2 Blinds, Arlington St.

No Limit Restaurant Game
$2/$5 Blinds, Ionia St.

Pete's (not me) Limit Kill Game
$.50/$1 Blinds, Wealthy St.

Uptown Club Limit Game
$2/$4 Blinds, Division St.

Burton Street Club Limit Game
$2/$4 Blinds, Burton St.

Jamin's No Limit Game
$1/$2, $2/$5 Blinds, Ann St.

Of course there were all sorts of games going on campus at Calvin when I was in the dorms, including my own on 2nd VanDellen, the one on 1st Werp, and the Lamda Apartment Game. These were all low stakes moron games, though, and they contributed very little to my poker career other than to promote interest in the game. By the way, I still play in a couple of the games listed above, although recently I have reduced myself to dealing for the Burton Street Club for a cut of the night's rake. C'est la vie or however you spell it.